Happy News: our friends at magCulture have opened their first shop in London! Hooray! Carrying over 500 magazines from all around the world, it is the perfect destination for all mag lovers and publishers.
Located in St Johns Street (EC1), all magazines are beautifully displayed on Vitsoe shelves and the shop is spacious enough to let you browse through a perfectly curated of the crème de la crème of indie mags (including us!) as well as more established ones.
I cycled there on the weekend and here are the amazing titles I simply couldn't resist buying:
- Lucky Peach, a joyful, a bit bonkers and hugely fun mag about food from the team behind Momofuku noodle bars
- The Believer, the excellent arts and literature magazine from McSweeneys, Dave Eggers' publishing house
- Four & Sons, a beautiful magazine all about dogs and their owners
- The Carton, a Beirut-based eye-opening magazine about Middle Eastern food and culture,
- Buffalo Zine, a brilliantly imaginative and super lush hardback title about fashion and the arts with contributions from Astrid Lindgren, Vivienne Westwood and Viv Albertine to name but a few.
If you are planning a visit, I would suggest you also check out The Ride (beautifully illustrated magazine about the experiences of cycling) and Lady Lunch (a new fantastic title from the ex-publishers of Frankie & Smith Journal, all dedicated to food and family).