2016. What a year to remember... or not. While the world around us seemed to go from weird to weirder, we ploughed on with our mission to bring creativity and silly jokes to all our little fans.
Selfishly speaking, we have had an amazing anniversary year and that's all down to YOU lovely people. Whether you are a contributor, stockist, client, reader, subscriber, distributor, blogger, journalist or just a fan, I would like to thank you HUGELY for your amazing support. Virtual hugs to you all!
Here are some of the reasons we had to be happy in 2016:
- We succumbed to the Sticker Craze and made our own sticker app.
- The Drawing Imaginarium - we put on our first proper festival of creativity and fun. It was so good we did four editions of it, travelling from Yorkshire Sculpture Park to Dalston. More instalments are planned for 2017 so stay tuned!
- Studio Anorak blossomed in 2016, doing super fun kids magazines for City of Hull 2017, workshops for Museum of London and Kidzania, great activity sheets for Scouting Magazine, social media content for Bleep Bleeps, competitions with Walker Books and maps for Hackney Council. We also did a proof of concept magazine for one of the most beloved kids hero but we aren't allowed to talk about that!
- Anorak celebrated its tenth anniversary and published one special issue with three fancy pants covers.
- DOT celebrated its first anniversary, we sold out of two issues and reprinted one.
- We gained some amazing independent stockists in Italy, China, UK, Portugal and the USA.
- Incredibly, we produced 9 books/magazines in 8 months. Phew-ey.
Soooooo, after such mad year, it is time for us to go into hibernation mode. Our elves will keep processing orders but we will be spending the next couple of weeks as if it was 1989, i.e before the internet was invented. See you back on January 4th.
Thank you for all your support and wishing you a wonderful festive break as well as a Happy 2017.